It was ridiculous, and egotistical, to think that I could affect anyone that strongly. It was impossible. And yet I couldn’t stop worrying that it was true.
Once people start throwing wet stuff, I go inside
I was sure, though, in the instant our eyes met, that he didn’t look harsh or unfriendly as he had the last time I’d seen him. He looked merely curious again, unsatisfied in some way
If I was being honest with myself, I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Luis.
That was the first night I dreamed of Luis.
I wasn’t interesting. And he was. Interesting… and brilliant… and mysterious… and perfect… and beautiful… and possibly able to lift full-sized vans with one hand.
It was hard to believe that someone so beautiful could be real. I was afraid that he might disappear in a sudden puff of smoke, and I would wake up.
Suddenly the sidewalk disappeared from beneath me. My eyes flew open in shock. Luis had scooped me up in his arms, as easily as if I weighed ten pounds instead of a hundred and............
And I couldn’t stop the gloom that engulfed me as I realized I didn’t know how long I would have to wait before I saw him again.
I was completely absorbed, except for one small part of my mind that wondered what Luis was doing now, and trying to imagine what he would be saying if he were here with me.
I didn’t know if there ever was a choice, really. I was already in too deep. Now that I knew — if I knew — I could do nothing about my love for him. Because when I thought of him, of his voice, his hypnotic eyes, the magnetic force of his personality, I wanted nothing more than to be with him right now.
I turned and he was leaning toward me, his pale, glorious face just inches from mine. My heart stopped beating.
I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment